Begin your U.S. visa application online. (Picture: Polka Dot Images/Polka Dot/Getty Graphics )
Ukrainians trying to look at the usa have to leap through a couple of hoops making it happen – a flight that is 11-hour seven-hour time huge difference and visa application included. If you are likely to go to the united states of america as a tourist, you will need the B-2 visa for leisure travel. Unfortuitously, the B-2 visa application process is not precisely a stroll into the park.
Confirm You Are a Tourist
The U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, which regulates visitation towards the united states of america, lawfully presumes that most tourist visa candidates plan to immigrate into the U.S. and makes the applicants accountable for showing otherwise.
If you prefer that B-2 visa, you need to show that your particular united states of america visit is temporary and also you’re maybe not planning to immigrate long-lasting. To get this done, you have to show that:
- Your U.S. journey is short-term, such as for business, leisure or treatment that is medical.
- Your check out is actually for a particular and time period that is limited.
- The funds are had by you to pay for your costs if you are traveling in america.
- You have got a residence, along with social and ties that are economic not in the united states of america, which may make fully sure your return from your own journey.
You’ll want to gather the documents that are following offer proof that you are a tourist rather than an intending immigrant:
- Evidence of earnings, income tax re payments or ownership of home or a company.
- An schedule of one’s travel plans, and just about every other information about your prepared trip.
- A page from your own boss that details your role, income, just how long you’ve been used as well as your getaway time.
- Any unlawful or court public records that pertain to an arrest or conviction anywhere, even although you’ve currently finished your sentence or been pardoned.
If you are a learning pupil, consider bringing your transcripts or proof economic help to show your pupil status. Performing grownups might bring a letter from their company along side present pay slips. If you are visiting a relative, bring copies of the relative’s evidence of status in the usa, and when you have formerly checked out the usa, bring documents that help your immigration or visa status from that journey.
Finish the applying
Appearing you are a tourist isn’t also a formal an element of the visa application procedure. When you have collected enough proof to show you are perhaps not, in fact, likely to emigrate through the Ukraine towards the united states of america, you are going to still need to get and finish most of the necessary things for the B-2 visa.
Keep in mind that the usa usually combines the B-2 visa because of the visa that is b-1 that is legitimate for site visitors traveling on company. Both visas need which you distribute the application that is following:
- A visa that is non-immigrant application, also referred to as the DS-160. You can travel to the U.S. Travel Docs web site to have the form.
- A legitimate passport with an termination date that is at minimum half a year beyond your planned check out towards the united states of america. Each person must submit an application if your passport includes more than one person.
- One passport picture, size 2 x 2 ins. Your mind should be focused when you look at find-bride the framework along with your eyes showing, and also the history needs to be off-white or white without having any shadows. Never protect the face or mind, and keep an all natural expression that is facial.
- A receipt showing that you have pa >
Whenever doing the DS-160 type, bear in mind it out in English with English-language characters, except when you’re asked to provide your full name in your native alphabet that you must fill. The application form is online, so keep in mind that if you go wrong on it for longer than 20 consecutive moments, your session will expire and you’ll need to begin over. Answer most of the concerns as entirely and accurately as you can, or perhaps you may need to reschedule your visa meeting visit and commence your visa application procedure from scratch.
Whenever you’ve completed the DS-160, print the application that is barcode to submit together with your visa application.
Make and Go To Your Appointment
Being a B-2 applicant through the Ukraine, you need to schedule a non-immigrant visa meeting visit using the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv. Appointments are without any cost and available Monday through Friday beginning at 8 a.m.
To be able to schedule your visit aided by the embassy, you need:
- Your passport quantity
- Your Raiffeisen Bank Aval receipt number.
- The number that is barcode your DS-160 verification page. The barcode ought to be 10 digits.
Once you arrive for the meeting visit, remember to bring a printed copy of the visit page, your DS-160 confirmation web page, a current picture of your self, your overall passport and all sorts of old passports, along with all of the application products and supporting papers you will need.
In Ukranian, Russian or English or contact the embassy’s call center through Skype if you have additional questions for the embassy, you can email it.